LittleBigLevels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sackboy goes to college!

3 posters

Go down

Sackboy goes to college! Empty Sackboy goes to college!

Post by iamcool388 Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey guys... here's my level idea... tell me if you like it.

Sackboy will begin the level with a speech bubble above telling him he needs to run to class, otherwise he will miss his final exams! I would like to set a countdown timer in the level if possible... that would make it perfect... if not, there will be speech bubbles at adequate intervals telling sackboy to hurry...

The first thing sackboy will encounter is a school bus which i hope to build... the bus will be going along well until it suddenly crashes... so now sackboy has to get to school all on his own... Sackboy will first go through a park (maybe a jungle even!)... where there will be lots of swinging from trees as well as avoiding bad animals with weapons (maybe an elephant which shoots phlegm from its trunk... haha!). I also want to include a bridge which breaks while sackboy runs across it (kinda like uncharted, thats where i got this idea from, and i really think it could be cool if done well).

The last part of the level would be him in an urban environment... he's close to school, and i want it to be almost like a speed run... like i said, if there is a chance of including a countdown timer, it would be sick... and then, right at the end... i might put in a mathematical puzzle... something simple (what is 23-17?) and then sackboy will have to manipulate a dice, or some other object, to get that answer in the answer box. That will open the door to the classroom and then sackboy will have reached in time for his exam!

Anyways, thats just a thought i had... cant wait to build it... let me know what you guys think?

iamcool388

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Sackboy goes to college! Empty Re: Sackboy goes to college!

Post by KEVON Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:09 pm

That sounds great! The puzzle thing will be fun at the end, and it's easy to do.
KEVON
KEVON
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-07-31

http://www.littlebiglevels.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by iamcool388 Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:21 pm

Yeah... I was planning on making some sort of demonic headmaster or teacher... at the gate of the class... and she would ask the question... if he answers it correctly, he gets in. I think i saw on youtube someone make a puzzle with dice... it could be the bank heist level... thats something like what i had in mind.

iamcool388

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVON Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:23 pm

The easiest would be to have a pit full of numbers and you have sackboy jetpack into the pit to find the right number (which has a magnetic switch on it) he pulls it out and he places it on the answer circle, it its correct the gate will open.
KEVON
KEVON
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iamcool388 Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:33 pm

A magnetic switch? Wow... yeah, that would be sick. In fact, if I can use lots of numbers, then I could make the puzzle a little harder even... perhaps get sackboy to add and subtract larger numbers... with the clock ticking, it could lead to a lot of fun! Plus if ur playing with a friend, you could cooperate with him to get different answer blocks up.

Also, what do you think of the bridge idea? I was thinking of putting coals/fire under it, cuz I dont know if LBP has water... Could I make a small lake/stream? Otherwise I'll use fire... electricity wont work in that scenario.

iamcool388

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVON Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Well the bridge is easily do-able. but if you cut off the bridge and you make him die, your stuck on the left side with no way to get across...
KEVON
KEVON
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iamcool388 Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:02 pm

Wont the bridge reappear when sackboy comes out of the circular respawn point to its left? I guess I'll have to find out. Maybe the bridge wont break, I might make it just very wobbly... it might be broken in places, and u have to jump... and the different parts might go up and down.

We'll figure something out.

iamcool388

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVON Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 pm

It you make a support out of evaporating material, and rig it to a switch, once its gone, its gone. A wobble/broken one is certainly possible.
KEVON
KEVON
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieso Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Any progress on this level? Sounds interesting.
Kieso
Kieso

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down